A nose job can be a saviour to individuals wanting to alter certain aspects of their nose.
However, a lot of research is required to pick a good nose surgeon who is efficient and can fulfil your needs and demands. This guide will teach you about the aspects of a successful nose job as well as the surgeons who perform them.
Choosing the Right Surgeon
When considering rhinoplasty, the nose surgeon you choose can make or break your nose, no pun intended.
You are more likely to be confident about the surgery if you are assured that you are in capable hands. Here are a few things to consider while choosing the right surgeon:
- Research: Make sure you do detailed research on the clinic or surgeon you’re interested in. Pick well-established surgeons who are well-known for their successful surgeries.
- Transparency: Surgeons must walk you through the procedure before the surgery and be transparent about the risks.
- Experience: Ensure that the surgeon has the required qualifications and training. Your surgeon should be well-experienced with all the procedures he offers.
- Client Response: Do your homework on client reviews. Find out if the surgeon prioritises customer satisfaction and how often it is delivered.
- Comfort: Above all, pick a surgeon that puts you at ease. Compatibility can play a massive role in the success of your surgery.
Things to Know About Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty or a nose job is a surgical procedure performed to alter the structure of the nose.
According to statistics, the cosmetic surgery industry recorded 852,554 rhinoplasty procedures worldwide in 2020.
Plastic surgeons recommend rhinoplasty to patients who are not satisfied with the size or shape of their noses. Some patients also get a nose job to fix nasal function and breathing problems. Hence, there are various procedures involved while fixing the nose.
The different types of rhinoplasty procedures include:
- Removing a nose-bump
- Resizing the nose and reshaping the tip
- Straightening the nose bridge
- Resizing the size of the nostrils
- Opening nasal airways
- Nose correction after an injury
Rhinoplasty is a popular procedure. However, there are specific requirements that you need to fulfil to be eligible for surgery:
- No smoking or other sources of nicotine consumption
- Good physical and psychological health
- Complete facial growth
- Females should be at least 15-16 years old, and males should be around 17-18 years old
Risks of Getting Your Nose Done
Any surgery poses health risks and complications. Rhinoplasty is no different.
It is essential to familiarise yourself with the risks beforehand to make well-informed decisions. The risks of a rhinoplasty procedure include:
- Numbness and swelling
- Permanent nerve damage
- Difficulty in breathing
- Bursting of small blood vessels
Surgery Aftercare Tips
The journey does not end once the surgery is over. Aftercare is essential to help speed up the recovery and ensure that the surgery is successful.
Patients usually experience mild to moderate discomfort post-surgery. Medication can ease the discomfort by providing relief.
The surgeon will provide the patient with nasal splints for a week. This phase may be an awkward experience, especially in school, work, and social settings. However, the purpose of the splint is to protect the nasal bones and cartilage.
Patients are advised to avoid strenuous activities for a few weeks after surgery before slowly resuming regular activities.
A good nose surgeon is required to achieve an outcome that is both functional and looks natural.
Rhinoplasty procedures offer patients a great way to alter their nose structure. The surgery is known to boost self-confidence and improve quality of life. It might be the blessing that many are looking for.
Minimum quantity of actions you ought to wander to stay clear of way of living disorders | Overall health
YouGov poll finds individuals are much too exhausted to workout or take in healthily
Linking way of living decisions and nutritious ageing | Information