Wholesome Residing for ME designs in March to provide workshops targeted on serving to Mainers who are living with diabetic issues and other conditions, as perfectly as a workshop centered on assisting people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities or obtained brain injuries are living a healthy lifestyle.
Out there throughout the point out, with in-particular person, digital, and telephonic possibilities, these workshops are presented to the general public through Healthier Residing for ME’s partnerships with regional businesses and well being devices, in accordance to a information launch from the business.
“We’re grateful for the partnerships that allow us to carry on to bring workshops to Mainers. These workshops supply education and guidance for controlling problems and enhancing health and fitness whilst importantly giving a supportive house for contributors,” explained Maija Dyke, deal and enterprise supervisor of Healthy Residing for ME.
A lot of of Wholesome Living for ME’s workshops are free of charge to the participant, when other people have a very low price. For digital workshops, members who do not have the required technological know-how may perhaps be qualified to borrow an iPad from Healthier Dwelling for ME in order to participate.
The pursuing Healthier Residing for ME workshops are planned.
• Residing Effectively with Diabetic issues — This workshop will be held in-man or woman Thursdays, starting March 3, at the Alfond Middle for Well being, 35 Clinical Heart Parkway in Augusta. It is developed to assistance persons with variety 2 diabetes by covering subject areas this sort of as: working with diabetic issues indications, fatigue, pain, hyper/hypoglycemia, anxiety, despair, anger, worry, annoyance, appropriate exercise, healthy eating, ideal use of treatment and operating with health care vendors. This workshop is offered in partnership with MaineGeneral’s Peter Alfond Prevention and Wholesome Dwelling Center.
• Improved Well being Now with Diabetic issues — Individuals in this workshop will acquire a free mail order toolkit and will get the job done with a certified leader by using cell phone or Zoom at a predetermined time. The workshop is scheduled to get started Monday, March 14. It is designed to help all those who have or are at danger of sort 2 diabetes and/or their caregivers. Subjects protected include things like dealing with diabetic issues signs, exhaustion, soreness, hyper/hypoglycemia, tension, despair, anger, panic, frustration ideal exercise, balanced eating, suitable use of treatment and functioning with health care providers. This workshop is supplied in partnership with the Peter Alfond Prevention and Healthier Living Heart.
• The Nationwide Diabetes Prevention Software — This workshop will be held just about starting Tuesday, March 22. It is not a food plan or exercising course, but a system led by a licensed life-style mentor that gives totally free overall health coaching to lower a person’s hazard of developing variety 2 diabetic issues. Individuals can understand to use simple strategies to continue to be enthusiastic, handle pressure, put together foods and steer clear of destructive ideas. Contributors show up at 16-weekly sessions followed by just about every other week classes for the remainder of the 12 months-very long application. A registered dietician will be offered to guidance contributors of the program.
• HealthMatters — This workshop will be held in man or woman Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays beginning March 28 at the Muskie Local community Heart, 38 Gold St. in Waterville. It is created to assist individuals with mental and/or developmental disabilities or obtained brain injuries and their supports are living a healthier life style. By exercise, nourishment and health and fitness instruction routines, this workshop aids contributors develop into much better and much healthier, strengthen self-advocacy capabilities and confidence, and join with peers as they gain the information, motivation and capabilities needed to build healthier routines that final a life time. This workshop is delivered in partnership with Bridges Residence Expert services.
• Living Very well with Diabetic issues — This workshop will be held on the internet on Thursdays beginning March 31. It is created to help people today with form 2 diabetes by covering topics this sort of as working with diabetes indications, tiredness, ache, hyper/hypoglycemia, worry, melancholy, anger, anxiety, annoyance, acceptable physical exercise, nutritious having, proper use of medicine and working with healthcare vendors. This workshop is supplied in partnership with SeniorsPlus and the Lewiston/Auburn Senior College.
Healthy Living for ME welcomes referrals from healthcare companies. Its proof-centered programming can assistance individuals regulate and stop circumstances in advance of they develop into additional critical or consequence in crisis circumstances.
Registration is required for these workshops. For much more facts and to register, contact Healthier Living for ME at 800-620-6036 or [email protected], or pay a visit to healthylivingforme.org.