How to Use a Green Tea Mask
There are tons of ways to make a green tea mask. You can use green tea powder (matcha) or green tea leaves. You can also mix masks with other natural ingredients according to your skin’s needs.
Here is one way to use a green tea mask that you can try:
- Mix 1 teaspoon green tea powder, 1 teaspoon granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon honey, and enough water in a container, stir until evenly distributed.
- Clean your face, then apply the mask all over your face with a gentle massage.
- Leave the mask on for 10 to 15 minutes until the mask is dry.
- Rinse your face with water until clean.
- The masks above can be used for all skin types. The mask can be applied 2-3 times a week. Regular and consistent use is needed if you want maximum results.
Benefits of Green Tea Mask
Like other masks in general, green tea masks have the same function. Here are some of the benefits of using a green tea mask:
1. Overcoming Oily Skin
Green tea masks can be a solution for oily faces due to excessive sebum production.
A study shows 5% green tea extract can help reduce sebum secretion significantly in 60 days. Other studies have shown up to 70% reduction in sebum thanks to the use of a product with a green tea extract content of 3%.
It is suspected that the tannin content in green tea plays a role in shrinking pores which then reduces sebum secretion. Reducing sebum secretion is one of the right solutions for oily skin compared to simply reducing the amount of oil on the face.
If you have certain skin problems such as dry skin or acne prone skin, you can adjust the mask mixture according to your skin’s needs. However, the effect on each person will certainly be different. If the use of green tea masks has a negative effect on the skin, then do not continue treatment or visit the nearest beauty clinic.
2. Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
Apart from being high in antioxidants, green tea also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Both of these properties are needed by the skin to help overcome various skin disorders. This is why green tea is considered as one of the potential natural ingredients which is believed to help in various skin problems.
3. As an exfoliator
Green tea is also used as a gentle exfoliator.
An exfoliator is needed to help remove dead skin cells from the skin. Apart from removing dead skin cells, exfoliators also help remove excess oil and pollutants on the skin.
Clean skin can look brighter and of course will also be avoided from various skin problems.
4. Reducing Acne and Blackheads
As we know, excess sebum production is one of the main causes of acne and blackheads on the face.
The benefits of green tea masks, which can help reduce sebum production, of course, can also help reduce acne and blackheads. … Read More...