June 11, 2023

Golden Age Golds

Take Advantages of Your GOLDEN AGE

T1 Keria adopts century-previous philosophy for the 2023 season

Like a rose, he proceeds to bloom.

Considering the fact that his debut in the LCK in 2020, Ryu “Keria” Min-seok has grown to turn out to be one particular of the most preferred support gamers in the League of Legends Champions Korea (LCK) recognized for his uncooked micro ability.

Inspite of kicking off his LoL profession at these kinds of a youthful age, the now 20-yr-previous has presently knowledgeable quite a few successes and failures that formed him as the professional player we know nowadays.

The T1 participant seemed back on his journey in an interview with Korizon.

T1 Keria adopted this strong frame of mind after Worlds 2022

Credit score: LCK Flickr

In 2020, Keria debuted in the LCK with DragonX (later renamed DRX) and was dubbed “Rookie of the Era” because of his consistency and mechanics. He thinks he “played rather well” through Spring break up 2020, but felt lost in the course of the Summer time break up 2020.

Keria admitted that he wasn’t at peak overall performance through the Summer months playoffs 2020 when they ended up actively playing a greatest-of-5 sequence versus Gen.G, and for that reason “lost online games two and a few simply because of [his] effectiveness.”

“My self-self-confidence was at an all-time minimal,” Keria claimed for the duration of the job interview. “I was struggling each and every time I experienced to engage in a match. My plays weren’t ‘it,’ be it in scrims or matches.”

Ultimately, the workforce fell quick of claiming the LCK championship in opposition to DAMWON, losing -3 all through the remaining. They took next place to turn into the Korean region’s next seed later on at Worlds.

His underperformance and knowledge for the duration of the playoffs weighed in on him so significantly that it brought about Keria good discomfort, mental stress, and guilt, specifically due to the fact he created promises to his former teammate and bot lane associate Kim “Deft” Hyuk-kyu.

T1 Keria hugging DRX Pyosik after Worlds 2022 final
Credit score: Lance Skundrich/Riot Game titles

In 2022, he had regained his self-self confidence immediately after building it all the way to the Worlds closing under the T1 banner. However, for Keria, it was DRX this time who defeat T1 3-2 to grow to be Worlds 2022 champions.

“I believe I received a minor overconfident when I did not have the capabilities deserving of this sort of self esteem,” he said. “I finished up looking again to 2022 and regretting that I ever acquired in this sort of a attitude.”

This practical experience opened Keria’s eyes and led him to believe in fatalism, a belief that every little thing is predetermined and that people have no management about their destinies.

This 12 months, Keria has adopted a frame of mind of “trying to allow go and acquiring extra fun” in his matches. “I gave it all, enable fate come to a decision.”

Enthusiasts can enjoy T1 on the LCK Spring 2023 year on the official English and Korean Twitch LCK channels.

Comply with 1 Esports on Fb and Twitter for a lot more LoL information, guides, and highlights.

Examine Extra: DangMoo made historical past as LCK Academy’s 1st feminine player on the Rift